Director – Sharat Katariya
Producer – Maneesh Sharma, Aditya Chopra
Star Cast – Varun Dhawan, Anushka Sharma, Raghubir Yadav
1. Varun Dhawan is the only saving grace of this dull drama.
2. Photography (Anil Mehta ) is good, as per the subject.
3. Art director has done a nice job by creating a middle-class family atmosphere.
1. Anushka Sharma carries a constant expression throughout the film. Raghubir Yadav too fails to impress. Other casts hardly are noteworthy.
2. Director Sharat Katariya disappoints. He has taken too many cinematic liberties.
3. Sui Dhaaga is sewn with poor performances and an unconvincing story.
4. Film has no storyline, non-appealing screenplay & unimpressive dialogues.
5. It offers no entertainment and lacks emotional connect.
6. Subject won’t appeal to the youth. Film is neither for a particular class nor masses.
7. Music (Anu Malik) is very dull.
8. As the movie progresses, it gets unbearable to watch even though the duration of the film is of 2 hours. Editing (Charu Shree Roy) is well below the mark.
9. It seems like Usha’s Sewing Machine & Raymond have financed the film to promote their brands. The undue importance given to Skill India makes the film look like a documentary drama.
Rating – 2 Stars